Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Honeymoon Island and Caladesi Islands



Ok, Honeymoon Island and Caladesi Island (from this point forward known simply as HI and CI), This is where I work! I know what your thinking ? What the heck is HI and CI? And what do you do there? Well, I found my way to the islands in 1998 during a time when I was working as GM of our parent company Bon Appetit Restaurant and after serving as Managing Partner of Cafe Alfresco in Dunedin, I had remembered as a youth growing up in Dunedin and spending time on Honeymoon Island as a special place, I am sure some of you also remember those times so please refresh my memory about what happened during those nights on the island :) and post your comments. Anyway, I convinced myself and others that this was for me. and assumed the responsibilities of managing the Cafes one on each Island.What we do is provide visitor services on the islands such as Beach Chair and Umbrella Rentals, Kayak Rentals, Food and beverage at the cafes, and special events including Weddings (which has grown in the past three years into its own business). We also help support the State Park in different manners which is rewarding in it self. We work side by side with the State Park Employees Which are a wonderful group of dedicated individuals who I have much respect for. People often tell me what a wonderful job I have and I agree that I am blessed. I am there most days so if your in the neighborhood stop in and relax!!

No comments:

Post a Comment